Creating / sending an Invoice
Note: If you want the invoice to be paid online, set up your online payment details first. See article on setting up online payment for Servicejoy invoices.
Step by Step
- Go to “Invoices”.
- Click on the “New Invoice” link
- Choose your “Client”, give an “Invoice Number” and “Date of Issue”
- Choose a “Client” from a dropdown menu. Or select the “Add New Client” option (last entry in the dropdown menu) to create one.
- If selected client has an associated active Project, the “Related Project” field appears. Select related Project from the dropdown menu.
- Give an invoice number — this is generated automatically but can be changed to anything.
- Enter the “Date of Issue” (set to the present day automatically but can be changed to past/future if you want).
- Add items / goods / anything really.
- Populate the “Terms” and “Notes Visible to Client” field (set default to re-use the text on other invoices).
Note: If you set up online payment, options for Online Payment appear below the Discount field. Check how you want the invoice to be paid.
- Generate the invoice by either Saving it as Draft (clients won’t be billed for this invoice) or sending it to the client by using the “Send by Email” button.
- Click and drag the double arrow button next to the ‘Line Total’ field to move the line up or down.
- Click on the trash can icon to delete the line.
- Click on the “Add a line…” button to add another item to the invoice.
- To set default invoice terms click on the “Set Default Terms” link.
- An invoice can also be created in the “Projects”, “Clients”, and “Estimates” pages.